Washington Student Achievement Council

Financial aid: Where in Washington can I use it?

Education beyond high school is more important than ever. Financial aid gives you more options for the future.

Washington State offers many great financial aid programs, including the Washington College Grant and Passport to Careers. An important first step in getting financial aid is to complete a FAFSA or WASFA financial aid application.

Where in Washington can you use state financial aid?

There are 67 participating institutions in Washington, including various types of education and training:

  • All six of Washington's public four-year colleges & universities, including the University of Washington and Washington State University
  • Sixteen independent/private non-profit four-year universities, such as Gonzaga University and Pacific Lutheran University
  • Three independent/private for-profit four-year universities, including DigiPen Institute of Technology
  • Thirty-three community and technical colleges
  • Northwest Indian College, a tribal school 
  • Perry Technical Institute, a private, nonprofit two-year career college
  • Seven private, for-profit two-year career colleges

Check out the entire list. In addition to these institutions, there are apprenticeship opportunities. Eligible providers can offer their apprentices financial aid similar to what college students can receive. 

State aid gives you the freedom to pursue a variety of education and training paths.

Start your future today by applying now!

Related Resources