State Testing Overview

The information below comes from the OSPI  Website.

Washington students are tested regularly by the state to assess their progress as they move through school. State tests include the following:

Tools are available to all students and can be used at the student's discretion. Supports are available to English language learners and any student with a need identified by an educator. Accommodations are for students who receive special education services with a documented need noted in an IEP or 504 plan.

Learn more by reading Guidelines on Tools, Supports, & Accommodations.

If a student's IEP documents the need for an accommodation that is not addressed within the guidelines, the student's IEP team may have their school district personnel submit a Non-Standard Accommodation Request form.

Advanced Placement (AP)

The AP Program offers college-level courses and exams that you can take in high school. Taking AP courses can help you stand out to colleges and give you a chance to earn college credit.